A little about who we are at Penrhiw Nursery
Penrhiw Nursery is a registered day nursery to care for up to 75 children aged 0 – 12 years. The nursery is situated in the village of Oakdale that has been a designated conservation area since 2011. We are within walking distance of the local schools, library, bakery, chemist, shops and recreational grounds and parks.
Aims and Objectives
At Penrhiw Nursery we aim to provide a high quality caring and enriching environment for babies and young children. One that fosters a love of learning, awareness of self and others and a sense of accomplishment built on a child’s natural curiosity.
- To employ and maintain experienced qualified nursery practitioners
- To ensure all staff are provided with further training opportunities to develop their own skills as well as the setting
- Value parents as primary educators of their children and promote a strong partnership between children, families, staff and the wider community.
- Provide positive role models who will encourage high standards of behavior and assist children to develop high self esteem and consideration to others as well as a concern for nature and the environment.
- Provide an attractive, well resourced nursery where children can play and learn with enjoyment, interest and curiosity.
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum creating opportunities for children to learn and develop through explanation and play.
- Have high yet realistic expectations of babies and young children encouraging them to reach their full potential and achieve the early learning goals.
- Maintain CCTV system monitoring the nursery grounds, outdoor play areas and reception. Showing parents we offer excellent care.
- To Establish an excellent reputation in the locality.
- Ensure that staff and children continue to learn from each other.